The Chairman, Kogi State chapter of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Ambassador Usman Ogohi has been suspended from his position as the Chairman.
The suspension was contained in the resolution from an emergency management meeting held at the Youth House, former children amusement park in Lokoja on Tuesday.
The deputy chairman, Comrade Sunday Osiako was unanimously appointed as the acting chairman of the council pending the conclusion of investigation by the 7-Man committee setup to investigate the allegations of misappropriation of fund, high-handedness, rascality and the stagnant laid against his administration.
Read Full Communique Below
COMMUNIQUE OF THE MANAGEMENT MEETING OF THE NATIONAL YOUTH COUNCIL OF NIGERIA, KOGI STATE CHAPTER HELD ON THE 24TH OF JULY, 2023 AT KOGI STATE YOUTH HOUSE, LOKOJA, KOGI STATE.
The National Youth Council of Nigeria’s Management meeting is the apex decision making body of the council. The management meeting is constituted by all organs of the youth body that forms the National Youth Council of Nigeria. These are the State Executive Council, The 21 LGA coordinators, The Voluntary Youth Organizations (VYO) and the Stakeholders.
The Management meetings observed the followings:
1. That the Management meeting has become imperative owing to the recent happenings affecting the youths both in the state and in the country at large.
2. That the fuel subsidy removal by the Federal Government has compounded the hardship of the people, though the removal is timely and necessary.
3. That the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kogi State Chapter has lost its glory under the leadership of her current Chairman, Amb. Usman Ogohi Samuel.
4. That Usman Ogohi Samuel has led the council with maladministration, high handedness, misappropriation of funds and administrative rascality.
5. That the Chairman has made inciteful statements capable of causing disunity amongst the youths and the government of the day.
6. That the Council has been reduced to a one man show/autocracy
7. Also, that State Executive Meeting has not held in the past 15 months which is a violation of the Council’s Constitution.
8. That the time to reciprocate kind gesture extended to the council by the state government under the leadership of Alh. Yahaya Adoza Bello is now.
The following Resolutions were reached:
1. That the Kogi State Government should as a matter of urgency put in places mechanisms to take care of the hardships caused by the subsidy removal. Especially in the area of providing subsidized and effect transportation system within Lokoja township, surburbs and other satellite towns in the state.
2. That the Chairman of the National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kogi State Chapter is suspended and a 7-man committee be set up to investigate the allegations against him and report/recommendation be present before the Executive Council of National Youth Council of Nigeria, Kogi State Chapter.
3. That the Deputy Chairman be immediately sworn-in as acting Chairman pending the conclusion of the committee investigation and submission of the report.
4. That the following Individuals are sworn in as members of the committee to grant the suspended Chairman a fair-hearing on the allegation.
Central Senatorial District:
Ismail M. Mustapha
Isah Shaibu Danlami
Voluntary Youth Organization:
5. That the suspended Chairman must hand over all documents and properties of the council to the Secretary or the Chairman in the next 3 working days.
6. That the Council has adopted and endorsed the candidature of Alh. Usman Ododo Ahmed and Hon. Joel Salifu Oyibo.
7. That all organs of the council from the State, LGA, Ward and Polling Unit must immediately start mobilizing, campaigning and canvass votes for the delivery of the candidature of Alh. Usman Ododo Ahmed and Hon. Joel Salifu Oyibo to emerge winners in the November 11th 2023 Gubernatorial election